The Daily Cafe

Are Your Writing Strategies Displayed?

I will send it to you soon. Remember, this is a writing menu teachers at my campus designed, using the CAFE menu and our state standards as our guide.

This looks fantastic! If you are willing to share, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much! mjensen@isd2190.org

I’ll send it your way in a bit.

]Is this chart still Available? I would love to use this for my 2/3 class! Please send me a copy if you are able: palesheia@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Is it too late to ask for a copy also? suzinut@aol.com THANK YOU!

Oh course not! I’ll send them your way in a few minutes :). Let me know what you think–we’re always striving to improve upon them.

Focus Lessons for Middle School Students

Thank you so much! I teach third grade but these rubrics do help me so much. Thank you for sharing!

Susan

Hi,
If you could send me a copy of your 1/2 writing menu, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!
twarren@rcsdk8.net

I remember the acronym for Writing. It is CORE: Content, Organization, Revision, Editing.
I teach First Grade and use a pinterest idea for building speed and fluency with writing BEFORE I even tackle any meaningful writing. It involves: Forming Neat Letters, Finger Space, Capitalize/Punctuate a sentence. Spell Word Wall words (hi-frequency words) correctly. After students master this
, I take them through small group writing to teach narrative, opinion, and how-to writing.

I’ll send it to you in just a bit :). Let me know what you think.

Suzanne

Srea, I also teach first grade and would love a copy of the CORE menu for writing that you use. Please send me a copy. It would be so appreciated. holmesc@howellschools.com

I’ll send it to you in just a bit. Please note the statement at the bottom that we used the Sisters menu format for our writing menu :).

srea, I too am interested in the CORE grade 2 writing menu. If is not too late to have a copy, may I please?
Thank you!
I would really appreciate it.
mmorelli@wls4kids.org

Sure, I can send it to you. Just an FYI that our menu is based on the form of the CAFE menu, as noted on the bottom of the sheet. Let me know if you have any questions.

Suzanne

Hi srea…hope this gets through. I came across your writing strategies template based on cafe board and loved it immediately. If its still being shared i would love a copy. Thank you sooo much. I’ll trial it with my year 1 and 2 class here in new zealand. Thanks again.
soniadickson62@hotmail.com

I will send them along to you. It’s exciting for us to know the menus will be used in New Zealand!!!

Suzanne

I would love a copy of the writing menu, CORE. sbaker@stwillschool.org
Thanks!

I’ll send them your way–just a note that the menu format is based on the Sister’s reading menu, as noted on the bottom ;).

Could I please have a copy of the CORE writing menu?! It looks fantastic!! Its my first year teaching stage 1 as I have only ever taught from year 4 up and i’m so nervous! emma.gentle@det.nsw.edu.au

Could you please send this my e-mail! We are starting Daily 5/CAFE this year and I have been looking for something like this. Here is my e-mail: Lucas.Jastorff@k12.sd.us

Thank you so much!